Sunday mornings are supposed to be fun,not energetic but relaxed and definitely worth doing what you love to do the most. For me today it was just to have a simple onion parantha with some pickle.
In a hot summer weather nothing can cool you down and prepare you hot the scorching heat than what good a onion can do.WAAIITTT!! … I’m not telling you to eat a raw onion…that’s just bad..
1 large onion chopped
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup gram flour or besan
1/4 cup refined flour
2-3 gms cmin seeds
salt,red chilli powder and turmeric to taste
2-3 green chillies chopped(optional)
- Roast cumin seeds and make a powder.
- Saute onions with the spices and then add to the flour.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and make a dough.
- Make small roundels and roll with a rolling pin dusting whole wheat flour to prevent it from sticking.Roll till about 2-3 mm thick.
- Take a pan and keep it on a low flame and griddle the parantha on it.
- Brush some butter/ghee on top and cook both sides.
- Serve with pickle/curd.
Well that was the recipe … hope if you haven’t tried it already …you do and share the same…